For Appointments Made on or after 12-Sep-2018
Taking an exam is easy, but because the exams are secure and proctored there are some technical requirements. There are two primary things that need to be setup prior to taking your exam:
- Questionmark Secure
- Real-time Communication Components
Preparing Questionmark Secure
- Install Questionmark Secure v6.0.25+, the specialized browser that works with the exam delivery system. There is a Windows and a Mac client. The link below will enable youo to install and detect the version of Questionmark Secure installed.
- Use this link to detect installation of Questionmark Secure: Install/Detect Questionmark Secure
- If you have a previous version of Questionmark Secure installed, we recommend uninstalling the older version before installing the required version.
- Download the appropriate version of Questionmark Secure for your operating system
- Install Questionmark Secure
- Click on "2 Launch". This will invoke a webpage that requires Questionmark Secure and if installed, display the version. You may need to close prohibited applications. Common prohibited applications include: Outlook, Skype for Business (Lync), GoToMeeting, and SnagIT.
Real-time Communication Components
- Ensure the following are functional and enabled for real-time communication
- A working built-in or external webcam and microphone
- Internet speed must be at least 2 Mbps download and 2 Mbps upload.
- Browser with pop-up blocker disabled
- Use this link to test real-time communication components: Test real-time communication components and bandwidth
- The real-time communication with the proctor is accomplished using a Zoom meeting. Zoom is a web conferencing application, and you'll be prompted to install or run it in the process of connecting with the proctor. You don't have to install it ahead of time.